SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
*Program pending approval and subject to change
For more information, please contact:
Academic Program Director (Program Leader)
Dr. Laura Rodríguez Amaya | (512) 245.7802 | email@example.com?
The Study Abroad Office recognizes the potential of students who, through their diverse cultural backgrounds, talents, interests, and perspectives, will enhance the educational experience at Texas State University. This program is committed to helping students achieve their academic goals by providing a unique study abroad experience in a diverse group.
The Interdisciplinary Study Abroad Program offers a brand-new study abroad opportunity to our underrepresented students with high financial need. Ten selected participants will be fully immersed in the Costa Rican culture by attending local Veritas University in San José. Dr. Laura Rodríguez Amaya is the Academic Program Director who will travel internationally with the participating students to San José, Costa Rica, and will accompany them throughout the first week of the program.
The Texas State faculty member, Dr. Rodríguez will be collaborating with our affiliated provider, CEA, to provide the students with the necessary resources during the duration of the program. For more information, please visit CEA's Costa Rica blog here.
Diversity Abroad/Latin American Engagement plan
- Texas State University is a proud member of Diversity Abroad, a leading international organization devoted to connecting diverse students, recent graduates, and young professionals with international educational and career opportunities.
- The Texas State Latin American Engagement plan was created in 2015. One of the goals of this initiative is to increase student mobility and engagement in Latin America through study abroad programs.
- Texas State University is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion. The Study Abroad Office, in collaboration with Diversity Abroad and Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA), is a proud sponsor of the Interdisciplinary Study Abroad Program in Costa Rica.
$2000 Fee-Reduction Sponsorship
The Interdisciplinary Study Abroad Program sponsorship is a fee-reduction opportunity provided by the Study Abroad Office in the amount of $2,000, bringing the program fees down from $4,400 to $2,400!
The Cost Includes:
- Tuition and fees for up to 6 hours of university credits
- Social and cultural activities with the locals
- Homestay with local families
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- On-site support from your Academic Program Director, Laura Amaya
- Group transportation upon arrival in San José, Costa Rica
- 24/7 staff support from CEA and Veritas University
- International Insurance
- $200 non-refundable deposit